Sunday, July 19, 2026

Weekend Update

So, as opposed to a couple of thousand or so wargamers, I did not attend Historicon this weekend. With the exception of doing a drive by to pick up some bases from Phalanx Games and pay for an order from Rich and Dave at RSM that will be mailed. 

Instead, I puttered about the Duchy. Went to the movies with Herself to see "Minions and Monsters", utterly silly and ridiculous which is why I loved it. Was "generally employed in tasks", as the Ship's Log might say. 

But I did some work on my Italians and British for Five Men in Normandy. 


Figures purchased in the previous century finally getting painted


Half a section of Paras in their primed glory


And th' other half... 

Why Italians? I mean, it says "Normandy" on the tin? 

Actually, it's good for any theater and campaign. And I had the Italians already primed and mounted on pennies. So, they became the first ones in the pipeline. A bag of British paras was then magically pulled out of the WW2 Box of Shame. (Honestly, I thought I'd sold them a couple of shows back...) This now makes the ESCI Paras that arrived the other day, redundant. Or maybe I'll paint them as Poles for Arnhem. 

Either way, it's nice to see a little progress with this project. 

And next weekend is my Civil War unit's NPS weekend at Gettysburg. So, it's recommended we prepare ourselves with exercise and hydration. 


So, I went for a two-mile nature walk carrying my Little Buddy. Who weighs in at about 30 pounds or so, I'm guessing. 

I walk a LOT at work, but this was actually nice to do to prepare for our march in to camp. 

A pretty busy week is in store, so methinks I should end here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekend Update

So, as opposed to a couple of thousand or so wargamers, I did not attend Historicon this weekend. With the exception of doing a drive by to ...