Sunday, October 4, 2026

Weekend Update

The weather has turned and summer has definitely turned into autumn. Herself is sick because of it, which has changed plans and such here in the Duchy. Last week at work was mental, so some hobby time was just the thing with Sandy trying to rest and me trying to get a lot of things sorted.  

I have been slogging away at three unit of Austrian Hussars for my WPS/WAS/SYW and Soldier-King Projects. The figures are RSM and will represent the Splenyi, Baranyay, and Desswffy Regiments.



I think my interpretation of the Splenyi Hussars is rather...splendid...


Baranyay Hussars in their "apple green" dolmans and pelisses


Desswffy Hussars in their light blue in the foreground, almost complete. 

I am mounting my figures for Honours of War, but my light cavalry will be mounted on 40mm wide by 60mm bases to distinguish them from their heavier brothers. For my Soldier-King project, two stands will make a unit. If I want to play with ATKM, then I'll use three stands for one "unit". 

Either way, painting these fellas has been a bit daunting and a pain in the arse. But one cannot have an Austrian Army without them. Now, back to finish those bits on the Desswffy figures. 



8 comments:

  1. Huzzah for the hussars! They look great . Looking forward to seeing them in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alan! I shall hope to get them onto the table before I have my government sponsored working vacation.

      Eric

      Delete
  2. Some very nice work of the hussars Eric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir! I do appreciate that. Thankfully, I only need a few units like these....

      Eric

      Delete
  3. Splendid (as are all) hussars! I do like the RSM figures. I still have a unit of them to do... One day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andy! I would love to buy Minden exclusively, but I do like RSM figures. But what I need are Village People, like your hordes.

      Eric

      Delete
  4. It's why my Hussars are two figure units!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil, I thought about mimicking your basing exactly, but I just couldn't do it. It's a self-inflicted wound, I know. For the units that will only live in the SK world, maybe, but I need my Hussars for skirmishing in other rule systems.

      Delete

Weekend Update

The weather has turned and summer has definitely turned into autumn. Herself is sick because of it, which has changed plans and such here in...