Sunday, February 4, 2024

Some Talk of Alexander...

 

And some of Hercules;

Of Hector and Lysander;

And such great names as these... 

When I re-enacted the AWI, I always had a great admiration for the folks who portrayed the Grenadier companies of the Regiments of Foot. The impression was not cheap. They played "the baddies". And unless you've got a number of fellows in line, it just doesn't look "right". Not the easiest thing to pull off and do it properly. 

With my friend Mark N., from My Brave Fusiliers blog, coming back online, after taking a quick knee, I thought I would honour him by showing some figures I painted the other day. Mark is a true gentleman and a scholar and if I wanted to research Lexington and Concord, I'd reach to him as a resource. 

Representing the 27th (Inniskilling) Regiment of Foot, these stalwart Redcoats are getting ready for 2025 and the 250th Anniversary of Battle Road (Mark and I are both locals to that event). 

I've got more grenadier companies in the works for Sharp Practice 2. And a couple of Light Infantry companies as well, in support. 

I just need to find a good figure to play Francis Smith (a proper fat bastard) mounted on a truly heroic horse. 




I've got another three companies to finish, plus two of Light Bobs and some command figures. This will give me enough for a basic force for SP2 to counter my Generic Doodle Militia. 


8 comments:

  1. Looking good, Eric! Is this your “Away” painting kit or the “Home” set up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, this is my "home" kit, set up as my "away" kit. I've a large red plastic toolbox that's deployed with me since 2002 and it has all the required paints, tools, etc. I did recently acquire the Army Painter mat to replace the paper towels placed on the table here in the hotel room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. Always like Grenadiers. It'll be 5 years in May since my 15mm AWI saw the table. Must remedy that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress. I like the idea of some SP2 with these chaps.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely painting Eric, like the sabots.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking grenadiers Eric and you are right about Mark - he is a font of knowledge on the AWI!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for the positive comments. I am still getting my noodle wrapped around managing this blog, so I appreciate all the recommendations and the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Weekend Update

 It's been a fair bit busy around The Duchy, now that I've returned back to my civvy job.  Add in the failure of some plumbing and a...