The arrival of moderate weather led to a cry to be outside of the house as much as possible. This meant hobby things have taken a lower priority to taking some long walks and attending a festival. However, I was able to get some hobby things done.
First on the list was a much needed general clean up and put away of things in the Game Room. While I still have some things to sort out and go through, the table has been cleared and several things have gone back into boxes where they properly belong.
Today I finished cleaning and preparing a number of Spanish WAS/SYW figures, mostly mountain fusiliers. I even was able to get primer on the first eight dragoons.
I was also able to make some more progress on my RISK figures, getting four of the bags washed in soap and water. Tomorrow I'll be able to take the figures and get them on craft sticks and hopefully get some of them primed.
After lunch, Sandy and I took advantage of the annual Polish Festival being held in Doylestown, PA. It was a crowded and very energetic celebration of all things Polish. One was literally awash in a sea of Red and White. We arrived around half twelve and parking was already going pear-shaped. Queues for food were getting long. And the traditional music was jamming right along with the Polish form of disco. Go figure.
There were also quite a few re-enactors there putting on some excellent displays. I knew a few of them from WW2 events where out paths have crossed.
All in all, it was an excellent day out. We did manage to get some pierogis before the lines became too enormous. We also picked up a bottle of local maple syrup, of all things.
Tomorrow is Labor Day and I have the gift of no work. So, hopefully there will be hobby things done tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment