Thursday, September 3, 2026

Mid-Week Update

Last night's game at the RAP Gamers saw a massive 400-point per side game of ADLG with Romans fighting Romans. It might have been Marians versus Polybians. Or maybe it was something else. All I know is that I was a-Roman around the left flank with some light bobs and an ellie for one command, and six stands of stalwart legionnaires with stabby-stabby and armour. 


The Bad Romans (boo! hiss!)
From left to right: Phil G., Bruce P., and Garth P. 


The Good Romans (yay!)
Steve T. on the left and John F. on the right (I was taking the picture...)

The action was fast and furious. The Good Romans were the attackers, whilst The Bad Romans were defending. With a 400-point per side game, there were six commands for each player. I took the left flank, as is my wont, and was given some light infantry, one stand of Roman cavalry, two of Numidian light horse, and an elephant which had two stands of Spanish medium sword carriers as escort. Presumably, someone also carried the brooms, shovels, and bins to pick up after said ellie. 


Ellie and Friends. Bad Romans (well, Dacians) popping out of the gully. 


A Family Photo of The Good Romans

I have to admit I did sort of turn my brain off for the game. It was a bit of a day at work, so I enjoyed playing a group of plodding dirt surfers. My dice rolling was again the talk of the table. No one could remember seeing anyone throw that many 1's in a row. In fact, I had multiple friends offer to an aerodynamic distance check on my dice. But I still persevered and in spite of my dice rolling we did manage to beat The Bad Romans, 36-35, after two hours and a bit of play. 

This included my ellie getting killed, but in its death stampede, it crushed the allied Dacian general, scored an extra point for us. This, in my opinion, made the difference, and I'm sticking to that story. 


Action shot of the keen minds of the RAP Gamers on display. 

Another great time and great game with these fellas. I'm not sure what game we are playing next week. It could be a boardgame. Or maybe not. 

Either way, I'm sure it will be an excellent time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mid-Week Update

Last night's game at the RAP Gamers saw a massive 400-point per side game of ADLG with Romans fighting Romans. It might have been Marian...