Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Happy Boxing Day!

 Christmas in the Duchy was a whirlwind of far too much food and time with the family. 

The insanity of gifts post-breakfast found me with two additions to the Ducal Library and more...er....justifications for the Defence White Paper to increase expenses. 

Well, that's the plan, anyway. 


I've already started the book on Hastenbeck and have thumbed through the one on Assietta. Both are just what I hoped. 

As a side note, the cannon was a gift from my brother, who, when he asked what I wanted, I replied a 12# Napoleon cannon, please. He was pretty sure that Sandy would not have approved of a full size firing one, so he sent this one from Denix instead. 

A wise move, I think, on his part. 

I hope that you were all as fortunate in the gifts you received and in the time spent with your loved ones. 

4 comments:

  1. Steve lent me Hastenbeck, not a bad read. Some good ideas for games and the coloured uniforms are good.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good day. Good books as well. I have them but as with MANY others they await reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of nice books... Blog On ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both books are solid choices. Being in a WAS mood at present, the Assietta was an especially welcome addition to my library. Picked my copy up on my visit to Gettysburg back in May.

    ReplyDelete

Weekend Update

 Almost a month since my last post... Well. Yes. Right. Let's crack on, shall we?  It's Spring here in the Duchy. I know it's Sp...