Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Rally!

 Well, the brushes have been a little too quiet these past two weeks. A combination of classwork and nice days to stroll about the various battlefields has reduced time spent working on figures. 

With less than a week to go until ENDEX, I decided to rally myself and hit the painting table this morning. 

I have several figures I'm painting as Regiment Berwick to join their Irish Brigade comrades for my 1745 Project. I found I was one figure short of requirements. Dipping into the box, I pulled out this Crann Tara French Officer and set to work on him, along with some fusiliers. 


He's now been designated Captain Cummings, after Graham. I'll get a mounted French colonel to represent LCol Walter Stapleton, who commanded the Irish at Culloden. 

Time to get back to those fusiliers and finish off my Berwick contingent. I still need to get another pack of French infantry marching without turnbacks from Jim P. to finish off the unit. 


5 comments:

  1. Excellent work on this figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely painted figure Eric.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to have a reserve of spare odds and sods on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I dipped into what I was planning on being a battalion of French Troupes de Terre for my FIW project, but I've decided to paint them up for the WAS/SYW instead. Now I need another pack of French infantry command from Jim P., so it works out.

      Delete

Weekend Update

 It's been a fair bit busy around The Duchy, now that I've returned back to my civvy job.  Add in the failure of some plumbing and a...