Sunday, April 21, 2024

Weekend Update

 It's been a fair bit busy around The Duchy, now that I've returned back to my civvy job. 

Add in the failure of some plumbing and appliances, and there's the spice that makes life interesting. 

But it's not all doom and gloom. 

For instance, in June the Society of Daisy (of which I am a member) shall be holding OttoCon 2024 in Carlisle, PA. 


If anyone feels so inclined to attend, please contact Tracy Johnson for more information. It's a fun little game weekend. 

In addition, I've made some progress on the Yank infantry for my "El Guettar" game for Historicon.



These are MPC US Infantry painted using Vallejo colours and Army Painter washes. Probably more effort than they are truly worth, but I couldn't resist. 

In addition to the El Guettar game, I'm also painting for the "Road To Ambleve" from the Battle of the Bulge movie. 


I've quite a bit of work still to go, but I like the way these 3D printed Chaffees are turning out. 

Last Thursday I attended a talk on the Battle of Crooked Billet, which happened on the 1st of May, 1778, in Hatboro, PA. The talk was given by Denis Cooke, who is a local independent researcher. It was very good and Mr. Cooke is a very knowledgeable about the battle and the life and career of John Lacey, the American militia commander. 




Finally, Saturday saw me miss the weekly episode of the Virtual Wargames Club and, instead, trek up to New York City to the State University of New York Maritime Academy at Fort Schuyler. 

I'll be starting my Master's degree online this fall through this fine school. As a part of registration, they gave out some swag for us Graduate Students, which was.....a fanny pack. 


Whilst I have been assured by both my darling wife and child that these are coming back into fashion, just to be sure, I purchased a coffee mug at the Ship's Store. 

Now, back to painting tanks and figures.... 


2 comments:

  1. I think just about everything I might say has been said. If Otto con is in honour of who I think it is, the games should fit right in. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The infantry look very good. When I painted some interwar 54mm I used Vallejo washes and they transform a coat paint into a really nice finish.

    ReplyDelete

Weekend Update

 It's been a fair bit busy around The Duchy, now that I've returned back to my civvy job.  Add in the failure of some plumbing and a...