Sunday, May 19, 2024

Weekend Update

 Almost a month since my last post... Well. Yes. Right. Let's crack on, shall we? 

It's Spring here in the Duchy. I know it's Spring because the Ducal Roses have chosen to bloom. 


When we bought our house 24 years ago, this rose bush was already planted and has, surprisingly, never failed to bloom every Spring. 

But back to things toy soldiery... 

Continuing to prepare for my Historicon and OttoCon games. I finally managed to finish the four "Panzers" for my El Guettar game. They were given the final coat of spray varnish, thanks to a nice, if cloudy, day. The same spray was wielded on the figures in the box behind... 


As for their armoured opponents, they finally have their coat of primer applied today as well. 




Soon enough, probably tomorrow, I'll start work on giving them their OD livery. These M41 Walker Bulldogs are from FUBAR Designs. Love these models. Very easy to put together. 

But it's not all work and such here in the Duchy. Last night, Sandy and I went to the theatre in Philadelphia last night. Saw a great production of Torch Song, starring an actor Sandy had worked with before. 


The show was two and a half hours long, but didn't feel that way. We wound up not getting home until almost midnight, but it was a wonderful night out. 

Now, back to some German infantry for El Guettar...

2 comments:

More D-Day Ohio Pictures

 Whilst I'm sure the last thing anyone really wants to see is a 50-something playing at Soldiers (especially when he is a real part-time...