Wednesday, August 14, 2024

More Irish in the service of Spain

 Since finishing my regiment of Spanish Walloon Guards, I've started another regiment of Irish serving His Most Catholic Majesty in the Spanish service. 

Regiment Irlanda retained the red coats associated with the Irish, but with blue distinctions, waistcoats and breeches. As with all non-Spanish regiments, they have a black cockade instead of the red of the Spanish units. 



I've completed three stands out of the five I've planned, two left to go. And the flag, as well. 

That will give a nice little brigade of two regiments, Irlanda and Hibernia. Then I suppose it'll be another regiment of Walloon Guards, to make up another brigade. 

I'm trying to keep to a schedule of finishing a stands worth of figures every other day or so. A little painting before work, when I can, and a little before I go to bed. It's definitely getting the project along. 

My goal is to have enough painted for both my Spanish and Austrians to start a little bashing about in Italy. 

Tomorrow, I'm off early early to Conneaut, OH to take part in the D-Day reenactment. I'll be back on Sunday, hopefully with a fair number of photos. 

Should be a great time. 

5 comments:

  1. Looking good, those are nice figures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are quite nice. I'm also thinking they are close enough to use for Swedes in the SYW. More anon about that.

      Eric

      Delete
  2. Nice looking figures, who makes them.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Willz. Dayton Painting Consortium in Ohio. The picked up the moulds from The London War Room when they imploded. Love the figures.

      Eric

      Delete

Meanwhile....Back to Toy Soldiers

 Last weekend I headed up the NE Turnpike Extension to Kingston, PA for a game with the PAWM crew.  The game on our bi-weekly menu was a sem...