Sunday, August 4, 2024

Weekend Update

 This year is flying by, so it seems. With work being so busy, the best way for me to find time to paint is to squeeze a little time in before going to work or before going to bed. 

A recent meeting of the Virtual Wargames Club (VWC), rejuvenated my desire to complete figures on the painting desk for no better reason than to clear the decks. Well, the previous week I cleared the deck, and this past week I was able to finish some 25mm Spanish Walloon Guards for my WAS project. 


These are figures from the Dayton Painting Consortium and are the old line from The London War Room. Cracking figures and just lovely to paint. The flag in front has since been given to the standard bearer to carry and is from David of Not By Appointment blog. His blog is on my "go to" list. If you need flags, particularly for the 18th century, David is THE resource, in my opinion. His flags are top shelf. 

But as I was admiring the figures, I noticed that the Game Room needed....er....some attention....



This is a result of too many projects, too little time, and too little discipline in keeping things in order.

Well, instead of the painting desk, I suppose I should sort some of this out. 

But I do have more Spanish on the table to paint. And some Prussian grenadiers. IR40 in their Pepto-Bismal Pink...

More anon. 


13 comments:

  1. Paint now, then play. Organizing only leads to order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lovely sentiment! Except I couldn't find the brush I wanted and had to look five minutes for the bottle of paint I needed...so...yeah.

      Eric

      Delete
  2. Yep, that room is waaaaay too tidy! No wonder it's hard to get stuff finished. Are those Jacobite cavalry in the making behind the Walloons' right flank?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny enough, they are Jacobite mounted officers. One has replaced his white cockade for a Hanoverian red one, since I needed a commander for my two units of non-Jacobite Highland militia.

      Eric

      Delete
  3. Lovely painted battalion Eric, I think I am going to paint this battalion in Spencer Smiths, Crann Tara and 20mm plastic.
    Nice work room space.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Willz. The figures were fun to paint. I'm going to do a second battalion, that's how much I enjoyed them.

      Eric

      Delete
  4. Super battalion of Walloon guards;

    I try and keep my game room neat and tidy, but sometimes the gaming table gets covered in stuff in progress.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tidders! It's been just a series of things keeping me from fixing everything up as I want it. Someday...

      Eric

      Delete
  5. Tidyness is over rated, particularly by women....and the armed forces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always wondered what happened to the London War Room Spanish; IIRC they did cavalry in rawhide with top hats, lances and shields....
    I'm more intrigued by what games the large Dolls House and angel wings will be used in.....☺
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neil, they still have the Soldados de Cuera, both mounted and dismounted. The game room is formerly my child's bedroom. When they moved out certain things were left behind. Sandy actually made the dollhouse. It was a gift from my parents when Morgan was born.

      Eric

      Delete
    2. The dollhouse looks nice. Thought you might be planning 1/6 scale GI Joe wargames.....☺
      Neil

      Delete
  7. I can't help thinking that the big obstacle to a clear up is where to start as every square inch of flat space seem occupied, even the chair ;-) Still, there is more space on that table which clearly isn't used for much else...

    ReplyDelete

Meanwhile....Back to Toy Soldiers

 Last weekend I headed up the NE Turnpike Extension to Kingston, PA for a game with the PAWM crew.  The game on our bi-weekly menu was a sem...