Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Test Drive of The Portable Wargame

 A recent purchase on Wargames Vault of the Second Portable Wargame Compendium and the recent gift of a coupon for the Third Compendium, led me to have a think on using the TPW with my Civil War collection. 

I've got four sheets of foamcore that I used for Ross Macfarlane's excellent Square Brigadier rules. So I decided I'd get something simple out of the One Hour Wargame book of scenarios and have an ACW action to test the rules.

An unnamed farm at an unnamed crossroads in the rolling country of Pennsyltucky

A poor shot of the Union cavalry brigade, four units with a battery (I need to find my limbers..) and a general

And the opposing Confederate cavalry brigade, who seem to have found their limber for the battery

The scenario will be a flanking column of cavalry must capture an important crossroads near a farm and hold it to prevent the enemy from using it as an avenue of approach. Simple. Five units and a general each. 

Even though I set this up last night, I was too tired to play it out. I've class tonight after work, so assuming I'm not completely exhausted, I'll try to get my initial Orders and layout done, then play it over the rest of the week. 

Reports, via telegraph, will be shared as they come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Test Drive of The Portable Wargame

 A recent purchase on Wargames Vault of the Second Portable Wargame Compendium and the recent gift of a coupon for the Third Compendium, led...