The late summer heat and humidity abated just enough in the Duchy to allow us to turn off the aircon and open the windows. Between schedule changes at work and other commitments, though, hobby time was limited and mostly spent on thinking about projects.
The RAP Gamers indulged in a game of Merchants and Marauders this past Wednesday, at Bruce P.'s abode, instead of the Sloan Club House.
Our Host, Bruce, standing, and explaining the game to John and Michael.
The game is a boardgame set in the 17th century in the Caribbean and based on acquiring wealth, hopefully at the expense of your competitors. Each player has a ship and a captain and goes between map areas and ports trading for cargo and avoiding pirates and the extra attention of the various navies in the Caribbean. I have never played this before and it took about 30-40 minutes to learn the rules, figure out how everything worked, and get stuck in.
In addition to Bruce, John and Michael, Steve T. and Phil G. made an appearance and we played several turns until 2200, when the one working stiff in the group (that would be me) had to leave and go to bed because he was working the next day.
Next week we will be doing a massive Roman Civil War game in 15mm with 400 points per side using our favourite ADLG rules. Stay tuned for that battle report.
Today being Sunday, Herself went up to New York City to visit friends, whilst I attended to "various and sundry duties", I had hoped to be painting some 25mm RSM Spanish Cavalry for my War of Austrian (and Polish) Succession collection and maybe play a small (well, they are all small) game of Five Men in Normandy.
Alas, the separate arms on five of the troopers defied easy connection. I had to run out to the local hardware store for some Gorilla brand super glue gel. Even then, it was a struggle.
But now the little buggers are ready for the next step.
In Honours of War, a "unit" is eight figures on four bases. If I want to use them for Rebels and Patriots, a unit of dragoons would be six figures.
I have another bag of these fellas and as they come in 12 figures per bag, there's two more units between the bags. Somewhere in the Wall of Shame is another bag, so I suppose to keep things even, I should get another bag from Rich and Dave at RSM.
But let's get this lot painted first, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment