Sunday, January 21, 2024

Sunday Update

 I have not been completely idle, despite those of you who happen to know me. I've just been juggling a few things and, sadly, I'm not much of a juggler... 😏

And there has been this very naughty ear infection which has been a bit of trouble. 

On the other hand, despite the frigid weather down here in Dixie Doodle Land, I've been able to keep up with my personal goal of painting four 25mm figures per day as an average. 

When I found out I was approved to come down to Virginia for a three-months course, I decided that it would be a good time to paint as much as possible. 


One of several WW1 British I've finish for my Irish War of Independence project


And, of course, everyone's OTHER favourite Italian who is NOT the subject of a Ridley Scott movie. 

I've managed to complete 41 figures for a Massachusetts Provincial battalion for the FIW, some Indigenous Peoples, and a couple of mounted officers, in addition to 20 WW1 British. 

I do have some pictures of a few battlefields I've managed to wander over last weekend. I'll get those pictures sorted out and post them soon. 

In the meantime, I've a White Paper to finish about strategic sealift (my own choice of topic) and few administrative details to attend to... 


4 comments:

  1. 4 25mm a day is pretty good going. Well done. Hope the ear infection clears up. I said, I HOPE THE EAR INFECTION CLEARS UP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can maintain a four-figure per day rate, you will have vast armies in no time. Looking forward to seeing which battlefields you visited. Maybe we visited the same and can compare notes. Hope the ear infection clears. My ears will be recovering from a very loud Bryan Adams concert on Sunday night. Your ears may return to normal functions before mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up and you will have 360 figures.......☺
    That must be at least two new projects!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete

Weekend Update

 It's been a fair bit busy around The Duchy, now that I've returned back to my civvy job.  Add in the failure of some plumbing and a...